The Region V+ Mental Health Initiative serves mental health consumers in Central Minnesota. We are comprised of Aitkin, Cass, Crow Wing, Morrison, Todd, Wadena counties, and Leech Lake Band and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe tribes.
The Region V+ Mental Health Initiative Board has authority to develop and implement policy and procedures for preparation of the biennial Adult Mental Health Grant Application; to budget for the multi-county area based on the individual county and tribal mental health Annual Plans, the regional planning activities of the Board, and the input from consumers through the regional LAC and area mental health consumer organizations.
Additionally, the Region V+ Mental Health Initiative is responsible for the identification of adult mental health service needs and the development of mechanisms for multi-county program development, evaluation, coordination and implementation when seen as feasible, by participating counties or tribes; including any other mental health related programs and/or Minnesota Department of Health special project grants which come within the jurisdiction of the Board.
The Board may contract for services from private firms, non-profit corporations, state and local government agencies, sovereign tribes, community agencies, qualified individuals, or other sources.
- Reduce hospitalizations.
- Reduce hold order costs.
- Support consumer independent living.
- Expand outreach and educational efforts.
- Increase community resources.
- Provide services in all six counties.
- There is no “wrong door” to access services, and all Providers know how to obtain access to all services.
- All client services are self-directed whenever and to the maximum degree possible.
- All services are provided in the least restrictive environment (in compliance with the Olmstead Decision of the US Supreme Court).
- Effective support is provided at the right time and in the right place.
- Programs and services will incorporate a Holistic view of mental and physical health.
- Programs shall seek to decrease the amount and duration of involuntary services (under Commitment or duress).
- Services shall be provided in a cost effective way.
Region V+ AMHI Policy Book
Region V+ AMHI Meeting Dates
Reach out to Danielle Wadsworth, Region V+ AMHI Coordinator, to receive meeting invite information.
Executive Committee Meetings
The Region V+ AMHI Executive Committee meets every first Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise noted. Meetings are held at 9:00am and the public is invited to participate during the “Public Comment” section of the meeting. You can always check here for posted meeting dates and times.
January 5, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes January 2021
February 2, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes February 2021
March 2, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes March 2021
April 6, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes April 2021
May 4, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes May 2021
June 1, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes June 2021
July 6, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes July 2021
August 3, 2021 AMHI Executive Meeting Minutes August 2021
August 31, 2021
October 5, 2021
November 2, 2021
December 7, 2021